Christmas in Dorset
Christmas is nearly upon us and we’re so lucky that there are so many fantastic seasonal events happening nearby to really get us into the festive spirit. Many are the perfect place to do your Christmas shopping too.
- Bournemouth Alpine Market from 17th November is one of the biggest events in our area this Christmas and will be a true festive wonderland. Find gifts and treats amongst the stalls in the market or head to the 2 storey Alpine Bar for mulled wine and mince pies. There will be carols in the Square, an ice rink and Santa’s Grotto.
- Handmade for Christmas at the Workhouse Chapel, Sturminster Newton opened on 1st November and calls itself a ‘two month slice of Christmas shopping heaven’. Over 60 local artists and makers have stalls in the Chapel including jewellers, potters, textile artists, card makers and painters. Handmade for Christmas is open every day now until Christmas.
- RNLI College Christmas Market is on 3rd December in Poole and will probably be the only place you can see Father Christmas arrive on a lifeboat! There’ll be local craft stalls, food and drink and kids’ workshops.
- Hardy’s Cottage will be celebrating a traditional Victorian Christmas throughout December. The cottage – just next door to us – will be decorated as it was in Hardy’s time and there’ll be carols, mulled apple juice, children’s activities and traditional storytelling.
- Meet Santa at Monkey World on 20th to 22nd December in the Winter Watering Hole grotto. You can also make presents for the primates, feast on hot chocolate & mince pies, follow the advent trail and find great gifts in the shop.