Published 25th June 2020
We are really looking forward to welcoming you to Greenwood Grange, whether its your first visit or your stayed with us before, this year will be slightly different for you and for us. The health and safety of our Guest and Team are our priority.
What we are doing
- Undertaking full risk assessments to ensure the accommodation and onsite facilities are cleaned to the highest standards to reduce any risk of virus transmission. We are following the latest Government and Industry guidelines on this.
- Retraining staff to follow the new guidelines and providing PPE for staff members.
- Where possible staff will be working from home.
- Any staff displaying symptoms will not be allowed onsite and will follow the latest Government advice on isolation.
- Onsite staff will be adhering to the latest social distancing guidelines.
- Development of new Greenwood App for guests to download so access details of the cottage, complex and local information.
- We have removed all non essential items from the properties and communal areas to make cleaning easier for the Housekeeping team. This includes some soft furnishings, book and games, hairdryers, games consols, additional kitchen equipment.
- We have installed multiple sanitizer stations across the site. Communal areas will be subject to more frequent cleaning regimes.
- We have provided antibacterial hand soap and wipes in each property. Should you require more please notify the housekeeping team.
- We are currently unable to open the pool and communal hot tubs, but if the restrictions ease we will do this in line with Government guidance as soon as it is safe to do so. Private hot tubs are open as usual.
- We are introducing more free activities on site over the summer season, please check the website and social media for full details.
What we ask from our guests
- In these ever changing times we ask that you please bear with us, it’s a new situation for our guests and the team and we are all learning. Some instructions and guidelines may change as time passes and we will update you on these as quickly as possible but this might mean that facilities open or close at short notice.
- If you are displaying symptoms prior to arrival please do not attempt to arrive on site, please contact us and we will move your booking.
- Please provide us with as much information as possible prior to arrival, including equipment requirements for babies and toddlers, zip and link bed set up.
- We will leave the DVD players in the properties and you can also access your own Netflix through the smart TV system, you may however wish to bring your own favourite Dvd’s, games etc with you. Please also bring your own hairdryers as these have been removed.
- Upon arrival there will be a board outside the Reception door with your name and cottage name on, a site plan is on the wall so that you can locate your cottage. We ask that just one member of the party check the location of your cottage. Your sanitized keys will be left in the door for you.
- We will email you prior to your arrival with details on how to contact the team if you have any housekeeping / maintenance requirements. Only essential maintenance will take place during your stay and we will ask you to vacate the property while this takes place. For guests staying more than 7 nights a linen change will take place by the housekeeping team but again we will ask you to vacate the property while this takes place. PPE will be worn at all times.
- We welcome supermarket deliveries but please request an evening delivery slot to avoid congestion on changeover days. Please also check the App for details of local farm shops, caterers ect who can deliver to your cottage to help support the local economy.
- While moving around the site please adhere to the latest social distancing advice. Where possible please use garden doors to avoid congestion in the Courtyard.
- We will provide you with clear bags prior to your departure, please strip your beds and put all linen and towels in the bags so that they can easily be collected by the team once you have departed. Please also remove all rubbish from the cottage prior to departure.
- Please open all windows in your property as early as possible on the day of departure and leave them open.
- Please ensure you depart on time to allow the property to air before the Housekeeping team enter the property.
- Please ensure you take all of your belongings with you. We will be unable to store lost property.
- Please leave the keys in the cottage door once you have departed.
Important information for guests that display symptoms while staying with us.
Please notify us as soon as possible should you or your party start to display symptoms.