One thing you can be sure of when you're visiting us here at Greenwood Grange is that you'll find a wealth of great pubs, restaurants and tea rooms within easy reach.
We asked our general manager, Zoe, and Lynn, who also works at Greenwood Grange for their personal recommendations.
1) The Countryman Inn: If you're a fan of a carvery then why wait until the weekend? The Countryman offers a midweek carvery as well as weekly special, food events and an ever-changing seasonal menu. One of our favourites and can be found in Dorchester.
2) Moreton Tearooms: Occupying the Old School House in Morton, the tearooms can be found surrounded by broad meadows and pastures creating Thomas Hardy's Vale of the Great Diaries.
The light and airy interior has high ceilings and there's also a fantastic courtyard garden which is a real suntrap. The cream teas are fantastic, but if savoury is more your thing - try their cheese scone, cream cheese and chutney option!
3) Hive Beach Cafe and Crab House Cafe: If you're looking for a decent cafe you can't go wrong with either of these...
Hive Beach Cafe doesn't take bookings, so you'll have to stroll up on the day. It's located right on the beach at Burton Bradstock on the Jurassic Coast and has far reaching views across Lyme Bay and Chesil Beach. Enjoy fresh, local seafood, homemade cakes or just a simple cup of tea.
Booking is definitely advised at the Crab House Cafe - in fact they recommend two weeks’ notice due to its popularity.
Situated looking out of Chesil beach, they have their own Portland Oyster beds so you can enjoy fresh oysters on your plate within minutes of them leaving the water!
And here are our recommendations from Lynn...
1) The Wiseman Inn: You'll find this great place in a nearby village, just two miles from Dorchester. Food is described as traditional village pub meets rustic gastro cuisine.
They sum up the menu as a collision of world flavours with rural Dorset and Great British classics. Well worth a visit.
2) Yalbury Cottage: This is always on our must visit list due to the exceptional food served here. The team is truly passionate about fantastic menus and also offer regular cooking demonstrations. Another popular place, so book up well in advance.
3) The Thimble Inn: This award-winning pub is just four miles from Dorchester. One of our guests recently visited and said it has a fantastic menu for children. It's also dog friendly, so if you're staying with us and have brought your dog you can take them along too!